7 vSphere Web Client Shortcuts
One of the things I love about the full vSphere Client is the ability to use shortcuts. I find them to be very handy and time-saving especially, when I am switching from one area to another and multitasking. Now that VMware is clearly pushing the Web Client, I thought it would be helpful if I wrote about some of the useful ones.
Apparently VMware must have missed documenting these shortcuts, but thanks to William Lam of VirtuallyGhetto I was able to find them and decided to blog them here -- very little comes up otherwise when I do a Web search for these types of shortcuts.
Herewith, the more useful ones:
- Ctrl+Alt+Home or Ctrl+Alt+1: Back to the Home Screen
- Ctrl+Alt+s: Opens Quick Search
- Ctrl+Alt+2: Opens Virtual Infrastructure Inventory
- Ctrl+Alt+3: Takes you to Hosts and Clusters
- Ctrl+Alt+4: Takes you to VMs and Templates
- Ctrl+Alt+5: Takes you to Datastores and Datastore Clusters
- Ctrl+Alt+6: Takes you to Networking
These shortcust work on both OS X or Windows clients. When I used to administer VMware environments, in the middle of migrations or large VM requests fulfillments I used to love the shortcuts. It's arguable how much time they really save you, but I used to feel like I was admin'ing faster when using them and as a result my focus on more important tasks intensified
How many of you use shortcuts and find this information useful? Share your experiences in the comments section.
Posted by Elias Khnaser on 08/05/2013 at 3:22 PM