Using Replication for Backups? There Are Better Options.
Date: Friday, February 17 at 11am PT / 2pm ET
Thousands of organizations rely on Replication to safeguard their Amazon S3 data and AWS databases. While it’s an excellent choice for high availability, replication cannot roll back your data to a specific point in time, making it ineffective against cyberattacks like wipeouts and ransomware, or user-driven deletions and overwrites. Amazon S3 customers who are currently relying on replication need a better backup strategy. Join us to learn:
- The scenarios where Amazon S3 replication is a fit, and when to use a backup solution instead
- How to make the most of replication while keeping costs low
- Best practices for designing the optimal backup strategy for your Amazon S3 environment
- How to protect your buckets and databases against ransomware
- How to create a compliant Amazon S3 posture
- Why your DR strategy needs to look beyond replication and availability
About the presenter:
Adam Rusho, Field CTO, Clumio
With over 10 years of experience in IT and a special focus on storage and data protection, Adam has seen it all – field engineering, sales, as well as product building. He is a self-starter, mentor and educator, and a market disruptor.
Duration: 1 hour