EnterWorks Delivers 'Discrete Views of Everything' with Agile Data Fabric Platform
Last week, multi-domain master data management (MDM) and product information management (PIM) solution provider EnterWorks announced the release of its Enable Agile Data Fabric (ADF) framework.
According to the press release, the new architecture will be able to support a wide diversity of business models, ranging from small to midsize businesses (SMBs) to large enterprises, as well as "localized divisions and brands to multi-national conglomerates." Key elements in the framework include "virtualization over fixed data stores; configuration over custom coding; and business-user empowerment over developer dependencies."
"Enable ADF weaves together structured and unstructured data, internal and external applications, and virtual and physical data stores for digital empowerment of businesses of all types," said John Jones, vice president of Product for EnterWorks, in a prepared statement. "Our graph-like data structure simplifies inherent complexities in relationships across multiple data domains. By granting secure access to our micro-services layer arising from our N-tier architecture, we simplify and accelerate our delivery of new data and cloud services. We also can work with our technology partners and empower our customers to extend the platform in new and innovative ways. The Enable ADF architecture weaves innovative services into our master data platform for consistent, high-quality data exchange across channels, touchpoints and trading networks. The Enable 9 release also contains an enhanced Web application and UI that's built on the new ADF framework and will drive business-user empowerment and adoption to a whole new level."
The announcement listed the following new features:
- Master Data Core: Technology, features, and vision for mastering, managing, and governing multi-domain master data across the enterprise.
- Technology ROI: Combine multiple domains of master, application, and reference data in a combinatorial manner to enable organizations to create differentiated, personalized experiences and greater lift in across digital and physical commerce.
- Multi-Domain MDM: Advanced features for mastering and managing the golden record for any data domain including buy side and sell side product, supplier, B2B and B2B customer, location, and physical or digital assets.
- Innovative: Continued leadership in advanced MDM solutions and technologies that include a 100 percent cloud-ready platform; an agile SOA/micro-services architecture; support for virtual reality, augmented reality and 3-D objects that enhance core master data capabilities; and advanced analytics and decision making across a company's value chain.
- End-User Empowerment: The platform can be configured, managed and continuously updated by business users. This accelerates business-user adoption, whether at headquarters or across global operations, and achieves the lowest total cost of ownership among multi-domain MDM platforms.
- Fastest Time to Value: The ability to implement the Enable Multi-Domain in MDM in 90-days accelerates business value and ROI.
- B2B2C Enablement: Delivers necessary capabilities for end-to-end collaboration across the value chain, whether a company is a producer, value-added provider or end seller.
More information about the EnterWorks Enable solution can be found on the company's Web site.
Wendy Hernandez is group managing editor for the 1105 Enterprise Computing Group.