What VMworld Will Look Like for Vanover
VMworld is right around the corner! I don't know if I'm excited or scared. This will be the first time that I've attended the show as a vendor, but I still look forward to the VMware technologies and the convergence of the virtualization community to this big event.
Over the last week or so, I've been conspiring with David Davis and Elias Khnaser on a few things; and one thing we felt interesting would be to share our session schedules. My schedule will be slightly tougher to meet this year, as I've a number of duties with Veeam. But I will still find time to attend a number of sessions.
Before VMworld even gets started, I'll be attending the sold-out VMunderground party on Sunday night.
Here are the sessions I'll be hoping to attend:
- BC03420: Avoiding the 16 biggest HA and DRS configuration mistakes
- SPO3995: Storage Selection Techniques for Building a VMware Based Private Clouds
- CIM2561: Stuck Between Stations: From Traditional Datacenter to Internal Cloud
- SPO3981: Veeam Backup & Replication: A Look Under the Hood
- BCO1946: Making vCenter Server Highly Available
- BCA1995: Design, Deploy, Optimized SQL Server on VMware ESXi 5
- VSP1926: Getting Started with VMware vSphere Design
- PAR3269: Zimbra: The New SMB Game Changer
- VSP2227: VMware vCenter Database Architecture, Performance and Troubleshooting
I would be remiss if I didn't mention my own presentation: Solutions Exchange Theatre on Thursday at 10:10 a.m., on practical tips to build a test lab for vSphere's new Storage DRS features. Of course, I'll also be attending the Veeam Party and the VMworld Party to round out the social side of the experience.
Also: Have you registered yet? If not, you'd better! Advance registration is strictly enforced this year.
What sessions are you going to attend? Do you just plan on taking advantage of the replay capabilities? Share your comments here.
Posted by Rick Vanover on 08/23/2011 at 12:48 PM