Moka5 Launches M5 LivePC 'Vanguard'
Vanguard release uses client-side virtualization technology to enable Windows and Macs to run fully configured and secure.
Moka5 Inc. announced M5 LivePC 4.0, code-named "Vanguard," the latest version of one of the core components of the company's M5 Enterprise AnyWare platform for enterprise end users.
Enabling enterprise IT shops to secure and manage heterogeneous hardware running OS X or Windows, Moka 5 says the Vanguard release of M5 LivePC "uses client-side virtualization technology to enable Windows and Macs to run a fully configured and encrypted corporate desktop within a highly secure, centrally managed container."
New and updated features, according to the company, include:
- Scalability: 14,000 containers per management server achieved via 64-bit architecture and improved connection handling, caching, and SSL performance
- Container management REST APIs: integrate revoke, unrevoke, kill in to existing tools such as systems management or help desk
- Self-service REST APIs: integrate self-service provisioning capabilities into existing portals
- User download controls: avoid cellular network data charges
- Improved host security assessment: integrated host malware check
- More robust file transfer between Primary Image Stores and Moka5 Replicas/Amazon S3 Replicas
- Compatibility alerts prior to LivePC download
Moka5 CEO Dave Robbins said in a press release, "Combining truly massive scalability with a great user experience, IT is able to guarantee client performance while simplifying its overall management footprint and significantly reducing costs."
For more information, including system requirements and additional improvements included with the Vanguard release, visit the company's Web site.
Wendy Hernandez is group managing editor for the 1105 Enterprise Computing Group.