Virtualization Hype: A Reality Check
Most of us involved with virtualization agree that it’s the hottest trend in IT right now. But we have to be careful not to get too carried away. So here’s my list of a few reality checks to keep in mind:
1. Virtualization does not serve as an adequate substitute for a cup of Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend on a rainy Monday morning.
2. Virtualization will not win the election this fall.
3. Virtualization is not a guarantee of future performance and involves risks and uncertainties which are often difficult to predict. This means that actual future results may differ from what has been forecasted or projected in forward-looking statements.
4. Neither Radiohead nor the Rolling Stones have concept albums planned around the notion of virtualization.
5. Virtualization will not take out the trash. (Please do not tell this to my wife. It’s been my fallback for the last few weeks.)
6. Virtualization will not bring about world peace.
7. Virtualization cannot deliver pizza. (See "Virtualization With Anchovies".)
Posted by Tom Valovic on 05/19/2008 at 12:49 PM