Online Training Event: How to Manage and Protect Your Data in the Cloud Era
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 9am PDT / 12 noon EDT
Presenter: Jon W. Toigo, Managing Principal Partner of Toigo Partners and Chairman of the Data Management Institute (DMI)
Learn from Jon Toigo in this FREE, in-depth workshop that explores data privacy and security best practices, the rationale and the business case for technologies and techniques available to planners, and a unified strategy for data protection.
The workshop is based on the Certified Information Security Specialist (CISS) certification training program from the Data Management Institute. All attendees will receive a CISS certificate from the DMI.
In this course participants will learn:
- The data privacy and data security imperatives—legal and regulatory (and pragmatic) requirements
- The merits and limitations of quantitative methods for evaluating data security strategies
- The relative security of virtual machines, containers and bare metal
- Encryption everywhere: KMIP, encrypted data at rest and encrypted data in flight—value?
- Locking the front door—the challenge of user apps
- Not if, but when? Do you need a BitLocker account, just in case? Fatalism in security discussions
- Social engineering attacks and what to do about phishing, spearphishing and other hacking enablers
Register now for this free workshop!
About Jon Toigo
Jon Toigo is a 30+ year IT veteran, a consultant and Managing Principal of Toigo Partners International, and Chairman and Founder of the Data Management Institute. He is the author of 17 books, including five on disaster recovery planning – an activity in which he has broad experience, having assisted over 200 Global 2000 organizations in the design, implementation and testing of their DR strategies.
Time: 9:00 am PT