CloudBolt Updates Enterprise Cloud Management Platform
CloudBolt Software updated its cloud management platform for enterprises, targeting hybrid management strategies.
CloudBolt 9.0 (Cumulus) provides a single pane of glass that organizations can use to simplify the management of multiple cloud platforms and offerings, including the company said. The company's Web site shows CloudBolt working with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, VMware, IBM, Oracle, Kubernetes and more.
Features of the new release include:
- Expanded support for Kubernetes
- Extended support for infrastructure-as-code (IaC) for provisioning and orchestration
- The addition of GCP to the platform's cost management capabilities
- Out-of-box integration to Splunk, enabling IT to send logs to security information and event monitoring (SIEM) solutions for proactive detection of abnormal activity
- Improvements to the single-pane-of-glass view, with new integrations for monitoring with Datadog and SolarWinds, and migrations with CloudEndure
"The release of CloudBolt 9.0/Cumulus comes at a time when shadow IT is a costly driver of business expenditures: Gartner estimates that 30 to 40 percent of shadow IT is spent in large enterprises, and that 33 percent of security attacks will be on shadow IT resources by 2020," the company said. "In regard to other expenditures, ParkMyCloud estimates that 44 percent of compute spend is on non-production resources that are accidentally left running."
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.