Virtustream Launches xStreamCare Services for Optimized Cloud Migration
Today cloud services provider Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, announced the expansion of its cloud migration services suite with the launch of Virtustream xStreamCare.
A core component of Virtustream Enterprise Cloud, Virtustream xStreamCare services aim to extend current cloud and migration service offerings with "new deployment automation capabilities" and, through "a platform-agnostic approach," span multiple cloud environments.
According to the announcement, Virtustream offers highly personalized services and support to customers at each stage of their cloud migration journey: planning, migration, integration and optimization. These are detailed as such by the company:
- Planning – spanning advisory, architecture, security and compliance, performance optimization, backup and disaster recovery, pre-migration code optimization, data analysis and archiving.
- Migration – spanning dedicated transition and project managers, globally-staffed teams, multi-platform migration services, steady-state stabilization and validation, and customer-specific migration strategies, processes and technology solutions for a tailored, complete journey to the cloud - not a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Integration – fully integrated operational processes, including planned and tested disaster recovery, dedicated cloud delivery account managers, 24x7 global enterprise-class support services, and integrated service ticketing system to make workflows seamless.
- Optimization – includes compliance audits, modernization assessment, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability scanning, proactive SAP and database-level health checks to ensure optimized operations, and SAP Basis management, including patching, backup and performance.
- Managed – spanning complete management of applications, database, operating system and Infrastructure as a Service; and managed security services, including anti-virus/anti-malware, host-based intrusion detection system and firewall.
"With the market's continuing evolution to multi-cloud, IT decision makers are either hiring or turning to companies with deep expertise in end-to-end migration planning and services, as well as deep expertise in automated, secure, highly scalable and high-performance cloud services for their mission-critical enterprise applications," said Joy Corso, chief marketing officer, Virtustream, in a prepared statement. "This is among the areas where Virtustream excels."
Detailed information about Virtustream xStreamCare services can be found here.
Wendy Hernandez is group managing editor for the 1105 Enterprise Computing Group.