Multiple VMware VRealize Cloud Management Tools Get Updates
VMware this week updated its cloud management tools that provide automation, operations and governance functionality, with a focus on hybrid cloud environments.
The VMware vRealize Cloud Management tools include:
- vRealize Automation 8.2 and VMware vRealize Automation Cloud: infrastructure automation for self-service catalog, governance, provisioning, orchestration and DevOps-based service delivery
- vRealize Operations 8.2 and vRealize Operations Cloud: for continuous performance optimization, capacity management, proactive planning, intelligent remediation and integrated compliance—powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics
- vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Log Insight Cloud: for centralized log management, deep operational visibility and intelligent analytics
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2: a comprehensive application lifecycle and content management solution for vRealize Suite
Here's what's new for the vRealize cloud management portfolio products, which are available in on-premises implementations or as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings.
Newly announced vRealize Automation and vRealize Automation Cloud capabilities include:
- Modern Automation Platform: Enhanced capabilities to increase agility, security and control: granular role-based access control (RBAC), enhanced support for multi-tenant infrastructure, expanded support for Day 2 actions and network automation with NSX policy APIs.
- DevOps for Infrastructure: Enhanced Infrastructure as Code capabilities with the introduction of VMware Cloud Templates as the templating engine for VMware Cloud infrastructure. This also includes management of Terraform configurations from the service catalog.
- Self-Service Cloud: Enhanced integration with VMware Cloud Foundation to further simplify private cloud setup for customers.
- Kubernetes Automation: Self-service provisioning of Kubernetes namespaces via the service catalog with support for VMware Cloud Foundation with Tanzu.
More on those updates is available in a blog post.
New functionality in vRealize Operations 8.2 and vRealize Operations Cloud is presented along these release themes:
- Application-aware troubleshooting
- Ease of use
"Today, we are proud to be a holistic self-driving IT operations management platform for private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments," VMware said in an Aug. 18 blog post. "Not only does vRealize Operations offer a unified monitoring platform for everything on-premises and off, it also provides a single monitoring console for all your VM- and container-based workloads."
For vRealize Log Insight Cloud improvements, the company listed highlights including:
- Homepage enhancements: vRealize Log Insight Cloud will now incorporate scenario-based onboarding processes with out-of-the-box widgets and customizable landing dashboards.
- Dashboard management: Improved dashboard lists for better organization and navigation provide clear actions with better hierarchy through granular filters and tags for contextual clustering of dashboards.
- Sharing and collaboration: vRealize Log Insight Cloud will use webhook configurations to send alerts and notifications to #Slack for project collaborations, provide ability to export reports and dashboards as sharable PDFs and give access to dashboards with categorized List views.
More on all of that is available here.
The company also said VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2 will:
- Deploy and manage vRealize Suite products on VMware Cloud on AWS
- Support vRealize Operations product re-size and scale capabilities as well as continuous availability architecture
- Manage data collected by vRealize Network Insight
"Plus, it will introduce support for compliance certifications, such as Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) 2.0 and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)," VMware said.
All v8.2 products and their cloud counterparts will be available in the third quarter of the company's fiscal year 2021, which started Aug. 1, 2020, and ends Oct. 30, 2020.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.